Seabreeze encounters

Saturday
Perhaps it was missing the ideal voyage window last Sunday out to the island – outgoing tide and southwest breeze. The conditions were there, but circumstances did not allow. I counseled myself on patience. So Saturday I waited for the wind to come up, and waited. Not the best tide – it would be outgoing all afternoon, and I would have to come back against it. The marine forecast was not giving me the solid breeze I wanted to return to the mainland. Having resolved to wait until Sunday, the trees stirred in my yard in only a way the new sea breeze can move them. I turned in a flash, finished grabbing necessary gear and trailed Kingfisher to the landing. Continue reading